What could be more fun than bringing to life imaginative stories through yoga postures? Tree, snake, half moon, mermaid, lion, dolphin, frog are just a few of the classical yoga postures that get weaved into stories during our Kids Yoga Classes in Southampton. There is no doubt that Kids Yoga is a fun way for your little one to spend an hour but in addition to fun the benefits are surprising . . .
- Calms the Nervous System – it is super easy for kids to become over stimulated. Simple yoga poses and breathing exercises have a direct and measurable effect on the central nervous system leading to a sense of calmness and stillness.
- Helps Manage Stress & Anxiety – I hate that we have anxious kids in our society, but there is no getting away from it, with exam stress, school pressures, social media and peer pressure kids have a lot on their plate. Yoga is an amazing box of tools for handling stress and anxiety. What children learn during one of our Kids Yoga Classes in Southampton will stay with them for a lifetime.
- Encourages Body AwarenessÂ & Body Acceptance – through yoga postures kids are encouraged to really feel and connect with their body. To notice a variety of sensations such as strengthening, stretching, lengthening and opening with a healthy curiosity. They are encouraged to celebrate their body for what is does, to not compare or compete with others.
- Builds Confidence – In a Kids Yoga Class there are interactive games and exercises that encourage them to speak up, share ideas and work with children of others ages.
- Stimulates Imagination – creative thinking, storytelling, and physically embodying different shapes and objects is all a standard part of class as Children practise postures such as lions pose whilst roaring like a lion!
- Improves Concentration and Focus – with all the technology around kids (and adults) attention spans are shortening. Yoga helps to train the mind as much as it does the body. Breathing exercises and simple meditation techniques teach the children how to slow down their thoughts and focus their mind.
These are just a few of the many benefits of Kids Yoga, so why not book your little in for one of our fortnightly Kids Yoga Classes in Southampton. The first one for 2017 is Sunday 22 Jan 10-11 at Chilworth Village Hall, there is also an adults chill out class next door at the same time so you can get your yoga fix too! Details here.