Education comes in all guises. We naturally assume the true experience of education is through schooling with the books and endless tests that are thrust upon our children. Some children rise to this sort of challenge and thrive while others get left behind, sink and struggle with this kind of one-size fits all system and this can knock their confidence for a lifetime. Could Children’s Yoga Classes support your childâ€™s education?
We are seeing a huge rise in the popularity of kids yoga classes as a means of supporting our childrenâ€™s development and informal education. Yoga helps children to explore and learn life skills in a non-competitive way as one of the true wonders of yoga is that it really does suit all. Southampton based Kids Yoga Teacher, Sally Webber, explains exactly how one of our Childrenâ€™s Yoga Classes in Southampton could support your kid’s education.
How Yoga Helps Your Kids Education?
1) Childrenâ€™s Yoga Classes provide a platform that nourish and educate both the mind and body together. Formal education tends to disconnect these two with a curriculum for physical education and a separate curriculum for academic studies and so the path is set for an ongoing divide of the two. A good mind body connection is essential for mental health; problems such as insomnia, anxiety and eating disorders stem from a mind body disconnect.
2) Yoga for Kids helps in the development of emotional intelligence as through a yoga practise children are encouraged to explore a wide spectrum of thoughts and feelings as they relate to themselves and others. Even more so children learn how to control emotions such as anger, frustration and nervousness through yoga breathing techniques.
3) Yoga develops creative intelligence as childrenâ€™s imagination is enhanced by exploring creativity through movement â€“ a physical theatre for children to learn in a fun and inspiring way during a Kids Yoga Class in Southampton.
4) We all have an understanding of how to exercise the body, but yoga exercises and strengthens the mind as well. Through willpower alone children (and adults) canâ€™t sustain focus, our ability to focus and concentrate is like a brain muscle that can be trained. With the meditation techniques and yoga breathing exercises that are taught in our Childrenâ€™s Yoga Classes in Southampton youâ€™ll see how it improves overall concentration and calmness.
5) Yoga is about connection and unity. It teaches that everyone is the same whilst also being totally unique. In a Kids Yoga Class, children get to explore and develop their true personality, free of peer pressure and social media – they get to celebrate who they are!
Weâ€™d love you to see for yourself how yoga can support childrenâ€™s education and development. We offer a fortnightly Kids Yoga Class in Southampton at Chilworth Village Hall, every other Sunday at 10am. Please came and join us and experience the fun and energetic world of childrenâ€™s yoga. Please book in advance by emailing email@example.com